For a small town guy travelling to Bangalore for the first
time, your first attention goes to the Roads and the heavy concrete structures
called flyovers which connects you from Point A to point B in a more cozy way.
It reminded me of somebody saying to build bridges not walls. I was unaware of
the fact if the author was talking about human bridges or physical bridges or
flyovers. And a thought of uptown and down town caught my attention. And in
Democracy there would be a good reason for the uptown to have a pool of crystal
water. It takes me to a distance place near my home town where kids skip their
school once a week to reserve their place for collecting a can of liquid which
they call water.
We build bridges
flyovers to make our transition smooth transition. Shouldn’t it be embarrassing
that a thought of our brethren somewhere right now has been waiting for 3 days
and 3 nights for drinking water which is far polluted and less than the water
that we flush? What makes a difference? I fast every lent and I know the
extremes of fast and feast. There are kids who wait for a feast once a week
when mother comes back home after a week with food, not know what she dose to
earn that food.
I’ve heard of an innovative concept which was appreciated
and welcomed “packed food”. The idea is simple, I have 20 persons to serve the
lunch, I order for 20 boxes filled with all the varieties in each box, the box
once opened will have to be eaten, if not the remnants of the box goes to the
trash. Trashing the box I discuss and curse the women who are indulged in flesh
trade unaware of the fact that they do it to feed her kids back home.
One of my previous managers told me to unfold the tissue
while using it. It was amazing that I could use a single tissue instead of
three if I unfold it. It is not that thought of me being a saint in doing it,
but it makes a difference. I have a sweet friend who taught me to trash the
used paper coffee cup in a proper bin, the same friend also taught me how best
we can utilize water. These seem to be little things. But they make a lot of
impact on the ecological balance.
Some questions stand unanswered to me. Why did God allow the
concept of uptown and the down town? Why is there a situation of abundance and
sheer nothingness? Why do we not have balance?
God created man with freedom in abundance. I might be wrong
in my perception but this freedom that was given to us is the reason for our destruction.
I don’t want to be destroyed I don’t want my future generation to be destroyed.
I can’t take when we don’t care of things that seems so simple but makes a lot
of difference in a different perspective. Let us come out of our sealed box
discussion on the out of box thinking and watch the world in its trueness.
True heaven is not some place after our death but among us
within us in our small things that we daily.
A common platform, a balance, utilization of freedom, and
most importantly realization of common small things we do daily matters a lot.
Im practicing…. Let’s not take it on liter note J

Take me in :)
ReplyDelete