Monday, February 27, 2012

Transformation is Constant

In college we had a famous saying rather a dialogue “The only constant is change” Heraclitus




I am what I am adapting to the situations.



Organizational change verses Personal change.

We all know how organizations change, that might be with any aspect. Success of an organization depends on how it survives in the healthy competition, so also an individual needs to change according to the need of the day. We see the pebbles smooth and beautiful on the banks of the river. They look attractive for me. I have a story for that. There are two stones that God sent to a river at its birth place. A stone got into a valley and stayed there and gathered a lot of moss. The other one travelled a lot saw the autumns and springs, crushed passing the flow. At times hard and a few smooth. At the end it settled on a bank of the river shining like a diamond. This might be a story and for critics it might be a stone not diamond or one of the precious stone, but it carries a story of its own from which we can learn which is simple “Change accordingly”



Point one in personal transformation is large scale change take years, does not happen overnight.one needs to have a Vision I still am polishing my vision statement. A vision statement is a short time win, and it’s calamitous to declare the battle. A Battle with infinite wars, we might win a few and loose a few. It is important to win the battle. If the battle is a vision the wars are the short term goals, few of which might be predictable and countless unpredicted. Get ready be on the watch as we never know when you will have an attack; sleep with your armor and a hand on the sword.

It’s the next step the Battle that decides your Destiny.

“I have to share the truth, I am in the process of gathering bits and pieces, may be there is the time at the brim of this journey I will solve the puzzle and share the truth.

Change not just for the sake of change. Change when it is obvious. I recently embraced a change that was advocated to me and spent sleepless nights to adopt it and make it adaptable. I was under the feeling that this obvious would accelerate. With a lot of counsel realized that it is a wrong turn to dead end. As humans we are not born to be perfect but strive for it, which is a part of journey or the part of the battle. If you cannot learn from the failures and the standard counsel you would perish. The learning’s may be from self or from the individuals you see as inspiration. These are the few wars that will not decide the destiny of the battle.

I once had a dialogue with a person and he asked me to create a vision statement. He later on turned to be my director professionally. I had to rephrase my vision statement. I felt him to be my counselor. I will complete this piece once I get a go from him.



Thank you.

Please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Great thought Poorna! Some of us are very scared of changes in spite of the irony that it is inevitable. So your thought inspires that'some of us' :)

    ReplyDelete